Friday, May 7, 2010

Sword and Sworcery EP

I have been out of the video game loop since I moved out of my parents' house and left my systems with my younger brother. I am also pretty resistant to the iphone, and dead set against the ipad. But Sword and Sworcery EP by Superbrothers makes me actually kind of want one of them. It is clearly heavily influenced by classic console gaming of the 80s and 90s, with a strong dose of Zelda (fact: A Link to the Past for SNES is the greatest game ever made.). Throw in music by Jim Guthrie (half of Human Highway, the other half being Nick Thorburn of Islands and the Unicorns) and this just may become the game that breaks my electronic gaming sobriety. Simple, beautiful.

S:S&S EP - Song 1: Walk in the Woods from Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery on Vimeo.


S:S&S EP - Song 2. The Grizzled Boor from Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery on Vimeo.


via Boing Boing

No comments:

Post a Comment